Top Wrestling MVPs 2020

Hi guys, How crazy has 2020 has been? With everything going on in the world, it seems as if 2021 couldn't come any sooner. However, even with all of this negativity, I think it's vital to try and find some positives.  Despite conditions making it hard for the wrestling industry, many companies have thrived during the pandemic. In particular, some wrestlers have managed to make the best out of a bad situation and continue trying to put on shows for fans whether in person or through streaming sites.  To mark the end of another year, I'm back with my annual wrestling MVP list of the wrestlers who have stood out this year. Just a quick note, most of the stuff I've watched this year is Japanese wrestling (NJPW, DDT and TJPW)! Yuka Sakazaki 2020 has been a great year for in the sense that I've had the time to fully get into Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling. For me, it's something I regret not doing earlier because it is full of some amazing wrestlers from Miu, Miyu Yamashita

Enzo more like Enz-No

Hi guys,

After last nights Raw, I suddenly got really angry and I didn't really know who to vent too so obviously I turned to the internet. After the horror of Neville losing his Cruiserweight title to Enzo Amore, I didn't know what rubbish WWE were going to give us with the Cruiserweights and 205 Live - probably my favourite part of the wrestling week. Well thank you for not disappointing me WWE and managing to both impress and piss me off at the same time. 
The show started off pretty normal with Enzo wanting a celebration without interruption or bodily contact - it showed that, even from the start, there was clear aggravation within the division. Then Enzo came out and started running his mouth as per usual and once again, he has managed to offend superstars and some of the 205 Live Universe *those like me obsessed with 205 Live*.

Yes, I understand its a promo that was given to Enzo but he would've had a lot of lee way and probably would've said some of that stuff even if the company hadn't told him what to do. He is arrogant and too big for his boots considering his complete lack of in-ring ability, especially compared to those in the Cruiserweight division like Neville or Mustafa Ali. What annoyed me the most was the outwards disregard for all the hard work the 205 Live roster has put into the division over the last year. Yes they may have not got the pop they expected every week but they still came out and worked their asses off for the people who gave a shit. They are some of the most technically gifted stars in the world and they just got treated with disregard and disrespect. They know it and we all know it.


But did Enzo need to reiterate it in such a blunt and cruel way? Did he need to tell the Universe how 205 Live had never made the ending of RAW or that it hadn't got pops until very recently? No! He also didn't have the right to claim that everything good in 205 Live happened because of him. Sorry sweetie but they were starting to gain support all on their own from Neville v Austin Aries to Rich v TJ. 

I don't know if WWE wanted to show the WWE audience how disrespectful they *and the company* have been to 205 Live or just wanted to show that Enzo was bringing publicity but it was done in completely the wrong way! They gave Enzo the title and removed its prestige and now they want vocal criticism of the division over the last year.

It seems as if the only upside to this whole promo was how the hatred the roster have for Enzo brought all the superstars together. Neville even risked his championship match just to prove that the Cruiserweight division didn't need Enzo to tarnish it's reputation and core morals. It also gave us a great Fallout video of all my cuiser-babes beating the trash that is Enzo after Braun Strowman!


So, do you think I'm being a tad over sensitive or was WWE wrong with this promo? Maybe its because I'm way too invested in the superstars of the 205 Live Roster that my judgement is clouded. All I know is that the title needs to get off Enzo and give it to someone who deserves it!

Until Next Time,

Bye!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Wrestling MVPs 2020

Introduction to NJPW

World Tag League Preview