Top Wrestling MVPs 2020

Hi guys, How crazy has 2020 has been? With everything going on in the world, it seems as if 2021 couldn't come any sooner. However, even with all of this negativity, I think it's vital to try and find some positives.  Despite conditions making it hard for the wrestling industry, many companies have thrived during the pandemic. In particular, some wrestlers have managed to make the best out of a bad situation and continue trying to put on shows for fans whether in person or through streaming sites.  To mark the end of another year, I'm back with my annual wrestling MVP list of the wrestlers who have stood out this year. Just a quick note, most of the stuff I've watched this year is Japanese wrestling (NJPW, DDT and TJPW)! Yuka Sakazaki 2020 has been a great year for in the sense that I've had the time to fully get into Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling. For me, it's something I regret not doing earlier because it is full of some amazing wrestlers from Miu, Miyu Yamashita

WWE Wrestlemania Predictions

Hi guys, 

With Wrestlemania around the corner, I thought I'd try something different and, instead of defo doing a WM weekend reactions post, I want to some sort of prediction/ what I expect from WM this year. I don't think this will include NXT Takeover fully but I will put a small section at the start with those brief predictions.

NXT Takeover

Aleister Black vs. Andrade “Cien” Almas (c) - NXT championship
Winner: Aleister Black

Ember Moon (c) vs. Shayna Baszler - NXT Women’s title
Winner: Ember Moon

EC3, Ricochet, Adam Cole, Killian Dain, Velveteen Dream and Lars Sullivan in a Ladder Match - NXT North American champion
Winner: Ricochet 

Authors of Pain vs. Pete Dunne & Roderick Strong vs. Undisputed ERA - Finals of The Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic tournament for the NXT Tag Team titles
Winner: Undisputed Era

Wrestlemania 34

In terms of the Battle Royals, I know it's really just two matches to make sure that all the superstars get a match at WM, even in the smallest way. I'd like to think Alicia Fox will be back and the Iconic Duo might debut (or maybe it'll be on the RAW or SD after WM) so we have a winner that isn't obvious. In terms of the men's, there's no stand out to win but I can only wish Dolph will win but these two are just my preference. Alicia Fox and Dolph Ziggler!

Cedric Alexander v Mustafa Ali - Cruiserweight Championship
Winner: Cedric Alexander
I am so excited about this match and it was what I wanted to be at WM since Maverick announced the tournament - let's hope it's not just on the pre-show because it'll be high flying and quick pace which is destined for the main card. I think they need to do something big to make up for the Enzo issue to put 205 where it belongs: at the top with it's own prestige. I don't care who wins but, with the missed opportunity, I think Cedric could clinch it because he really is one of the division's most loved and athletic superstar, but so is Ali so this match could go either way!

RAW
The Bar (c) v Braun Strowman and TBC - Tag Team Championship
Winner: Braun and TBC
I think with news of Sheamus having been injured for a while, WWE may use this opportunity to push Braun in some way (to make up for the lack of Strowman in the Universal title picture) and allow Sheamus the rest he needs. It may also be a great time to push Cesaro as a single's competitor in the IC Title picture. I would love to see Braun with a title and most of the excitement is just from finding out who his partner's going to be so why wouldn't the hype lead to a new champion?

The Miz (c) v Seth Rollins v Finn Balor - Intercontinental Championship
Winner: The Miz (But please Seth)
I love all 3 of these competitors and, even though I would love Seth to win, I think they'll have Miz retain to break the IC record. I can never fault The Miz on the mic or in the ring so I don't see a major reason to take the title off him since he made it uber prestige. I think this is going to be one of my favourite matches and, whatever way it goes, I think the winner will be worthy. It would be nice to see The Miz break that IC record and maybe even Jericho come back to try and get his title back!

Alexa Bliss (c) v Nia Jax - Women's Championship
Winner: Nia Jax
Alexa has had a great run as women's champion and has really improved since her early days as SD women's champion. However, I feel like Nia's up for a face turn and is clearly being labelled the underdog in this match with Alexa having Mickie on her side and all the mean comments towards Jax on Raw. I feel like giving the title to Jax would give the championship a new breath of light with a dominating and inspiring babyface champion, which we haven't had in a long time! Hopefully, it'll also put an end to this shitty and offensive storyline!

Brock Lesnar (c) v Roman Reigns - Universal Championship
Winner: Roman Reigns
I know it's a match we've seen and a lot of us don't really want to see it. I am not a Roman hater, I just don't particularly enjoy his character or matches compared to so many of the other superstars. However, I just think that Reigns will win because of the rumour that Lesnar is going back to the UFC and it might bring even a spark of prestige back to the title which really hasn't been seen all that much since Lesnar won it. I can't really see myself enjoying the match too much but it should be hard hitting so I guess that's all to say.

Ronda Rousey and Kurt Angle v Stephanie McMahon and Triple H
Winner: ?
I mean honestly I am not that excited about this match but I do always love seeing Triple H and Kurt Angle fighting but I don't care much for Stephanie and don't really have any opinions on Rousey. That's probably why I don't know who will win, all 4 have reasons with Rousey's momentum and why would Steph and Triple H lose as the heads of the company... it really could go either way but who knows.

Smackdown Live

The Usos (c) v The New Day v The Bludgeon Brothers - Tag Team Championship
Winner: The Bludgeon Brothers
The Usos v the New Day is always an amazing match and this match is only improved with the Bludgeon Brothers. I have always been a fan of The Usos and New Day but, for me, Luke Harper has always been underutilised and never given a push considering what an agile and awesome performer he is! The Usos have been great champions but I think WWE might want to push a new champion on us to change the division up a bit as it's been too much of the same for the last year and a bit. Harper and Rowen have great momentum going into this match and I think they'd be great tag team champions. Also, let's hope The Usos can have their first main card WM match!

Randy Orton (c) v Bobby Roode v Jinder Mahal v Rusev - US Championship
Winner: Rusev
So, initially I couldn't have been arsed about this match. I'm not loving Roode as a babyface, Jinder is just Jinder and I've never really been an Orton fan and find him boring. Even the build up has been pretty shite. However, with the addition of Rusev, it's made everything much more interesting and changed who I think is going to win. With all the hype and love from the WWE audience, WWE can't be stupid enough not to give him a push, can they?

Daniel Bryan/ Shane McMahon v Kevin Owens/ Sami Zayn
Winner: DB and SM
I know it'd be weird for Sami and Kevin to be sacked but I don't think they'd given Bryan so much momentum and excitement for his in-ring return just to have him lose. I don't know whether Shane will make it to WM and it'd be cool to see another member of the roster, with problems with KO and Sami, to take his place and make it a really great match. I mean I'm just too excited to see Daniel back in the ring, especially with Kevin and Sami.

Charlotte Flair (c) v Asuka - Women's Championship
Winner: Asuka
I mean isn't this just an obvious winner... I mean they keep yapping on about this undefeated streak so I don't think they'll have Asuka lose to Charlotte on such a big stage. I think the only way Asuka wouldn't win was if Carmella cashed in on Charlotte and pin Flair for the title. However, from sources, it doesn't seem if that is going to be the case and there'll be another failed cash in and Asuka will pin or submit Flair to win the title - which will be well deserved and a match we've all waited for!

AJ Styles (c) v Shinsuke Nakamura - WWE Championship 
Winner: AJ Styles
Controversial but I feel like if Asuka wins, Nakamura won't - you know just so we don't have the two biggest titles change hands. I would love to see Nakamura as champion at some point but I think AJ is just too over and is one of the best recent champion's from either brands. It will definitely be a match to end the night (if it is actually the main event and Reigns doesn't take it again) and, whatever the result, it'll be great... even though I would like Styles to retain and have a proper long title reign. 

Obviously the card could change in the next week but this is the card and predictions as of this week! Let me know what you think and whether I'm really shit at this sort of stuff, amazingly psychic or just wanting to pick who I actually want to win.

Until Next Time (which will probably be Wrestlemania)

Bye!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Wrestling MVPs 2020

Introduction to NJPW

World Tag League Preview