Top Wrestling MVPs 2020

Hi guys, How crazy has 2020 has been? With everything going on in the world, it seems as if 2021 couldn't come any sooner. However, even with all of this negativity, I think it's vital to try and find some positives.  Despite conditions making it hard for the wrestling industry, many companies have thrived during the pandemic. In particular, some wrestlers have managed to make the best out of a bad situation and continue trying to put on shows for fans whether in person or through streaming sites.  To mark the end of another year, I'm back with my annual wrestling MVP list of the wrestlers who have stood out this year. Just a quick note, most of the stuff I've watched this year is Japanese wrestling (NJPW, DDT and TJPW)! Yuka Sakazaki 2020 has been a great year for in the sense that I've had the time to fully get into Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling. For me, it's something I regret not doing earlier because it is full of some amazing wrestlers from Miu, Miyu Yamashita

Naomi's Glow: Mini Rant

Hi Guys,

Last night's Battleground was a mix of the good, the bad and the just plain pointless. One of the things that stood out to me was the fact that Naomi, once again, doesn't have a match. It shows how badly WWE are booking her as a wrestler but there is also a lot of WWE universe stigma towards Naomi, especially now that she's changed the title. Why?
I love going through comments on WWE Facebook posts but, recently, I've found myself getting really angry especially on posts about Naomi. I understand that Naomi isn't for everyone and a lot of people won't love her as much as I do but that doesn't call for some of the things people say to her.

The first issue I've seen people argue about is the whole idea of Naomi as champion. Comments about her botching a lot and not deserving it as much as Charlotte or Becky (2/4 HorseWomen) or not being a fighting champion. Does Naomi sometimes botch? Of course but doesn't every superstar, I don't think she does it anymore than any other WWE star. The ones who say she botches too much normally say that she doesn't deserve or isn't good enough to be the Women's Champion. 

I'm going to explain my stance on both these points. Did Naomi deserve this? HELL YES! She is also one of the most gifted superstars athletically, male or female. She may not be the queen of ground and pound or the best submissionist but she prides herself on her athletic ability from her kicks to hurricanrana's. She makes matches interesting and fascinating to watch! So, yeah, I think she does deserve it. She has done donkey work for nearly 9 years and she deserved this much a long time ago.

She is one of the veterans of the division and has been in the company since those crappy reality show NXT days. She's been put in every gimmick possible from being a cheerleader to an alliance with the Usos to Team B.A.D and she put her whole heart into it. She's finally been able to use her own idea 'Feel the Glow' and I think it's one of the most refreshing things in the company. It's an identity with her entrance, her outfit and her hair - its a ideology. 

Her gimmick is key to Naomi being reinvented and destined for greatness so why shouldn't the longest SD Live Women's Champion change the belt to make it more her? It's one of the coolest things that has happened but, for some reason, all hell broke loose! Can I remind you that she isn't the first person to customise a belt (John Cena and Stone Cold). Okay, it might be a little different to their's but it represents her personality perfectly. It's a belt little kids (and some adults) would love to have. Just because it's not your cuppa tea doesn't mean it shouldn't have happened.
Naomi is the perfect person to lead the SD Live Women's Division and she earnt every single thing! I'm just surprised it didn't happen earlier.

Until Next Time,

Bye!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Wrestling MVPs 2020

Introduction to NJPW

World Tag League Preview