Top Wrestling MVPs 2020

Hi guys, How crazy has 2020 has been? With everything going on in the world, it seems as if 2021 couldn't come any sooner. However, even with all of this negativity, I think it's vital to try and find some positives.  Despite conditions making it hard for the wrestling industry, many companies have thrived during the pandemic. In particular, some wrestlers have managed to make the best out of a bad situation and continue trying to put on shows for fans whether in person or through streaming sites.  To mark the end of another year, I'm back with my annual wrestling MVP list of the wrestlers who have stood out this year. Just a quick note, most of the stuff I've watched this year is Japanese wrestling (NJPW, DDT and TJPW)! Yuka Sakazaki 2020 has been a great year for in the sense that I've had the time to fully get into Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling. For me, it's something I regret not doing earlier because it is full of some amazing wrestlers from Miu, Miyu Yamashita

My Smackdown Live Experience - 7/11/17



 Hiya guys,

Well, it's been a long time since I've written and what a month its been: walkouts, releases and Kurt Angle wrestling again! What a month in WWE Wrestling! Well, I'm back with an exciting post and the title is pretty obvious, right?

April 2016 was the first time I went to a WWE Live Event (I mean I didn't even watch it back then but went for my sister), fast forward a year and a half and, for my 21st birthday present, I got aisle tickets for Smackdown Live and my personal favourite - 205 Live. The night was absolutely amazing but my only issue was, surprisingly 205 Live... I think I'll address those issues before getting back to all the positives (which there were a lot more)

I purposefully bought SD Live tickets to get to see my 205 Live babes like TJP, Drew Gulak, Tony Nese and Mustafa Ali. I was over the moon when I found out that some of the wrestlers from the UK championship was going to be there but they didn't tell me that this meant it was just them, bloody boring Enzo Amore and only my babe Cedric from the actual 205 Live roster. It made me feel like WWE couldn't be arsed with Manchester to actually pay for some of the talent to fly over and be part of the show. I mean, don't get me wrong, I LOVED seeing Mandrews and Tyler Bate but the lack of 205 Live with the 30 minutes of Enzo Amore really upset me. At least my sign was visible and hopefully the Cruiserweights saw the effort of it *as shown below*
So, off the negatives and onto the amazing majority of the show! I was worried about my seats because I had been promised that my seats were right near the ramp but in reality they weren't, luckily I managed to get to the barriers but only because the people around me were so nice and sympathetic of my scenario. However, the show started with a bang with a dark match featuring my babes The Fashion Police who I didn't even think were going to wrestle. Obviously Dango got a roaring ovation and everyone was Fandangoing, but I also loved the reaction Breezey got which made me smile because he is one of my favourite wrestlers. The Fashion PoPo beat The Colons clean in a match full of fun, charisma and proper wrestling - even if it wasn't televised. Tyler and Dango have such an amazing chemistry and I was entranced from start to end. Even my mum was who, since she saw Breeze at our last live event, now calls him Selfie Stick Man!

I don't really see the point of telling you a match by match commentary of SD Live because you can watch it on the WWE Network *sponsorship please?* but the fact that I witnessed an AJ Styles match, never mind one where he won the title, was incredible. I finally got to see Naomi's entrance live, watch Sami Zayn wrestle and witness the amazing promo abilities of the Usos. Although I didn't always agree with the booking, being there made a massive difference!


My highlight of the entire night had to be the dark match after 205 Live which was Shinsuke Nakamura and Bobby Roode v my babies Dolph Ziggler and Baron Corbin. This was another surprise because I got really disheartened that, once again, I wouldn't see Dolph perform - seeing him in the flesh actually made my night! Him and Baron played the heels perfectly and really got some proper heat by not reacting to the crowds chants like 'Ziggler, Ziggler, give us a wave' when other people waved at the crowds. Corbin and Ziggler really had a good chemistry with each other and with Ziggler and Nakamura, it was a possible main event calibre match! The ending was a highlight as Baron threw Ziggler over his shoulders and carried my little heel out of the arena! #heelboyfriends

Overall, the night was amazing apart from 205 Live booking and a few guys being dicks and it was definitely one of the best birthday presents ever! The staff were friendly, the superstars were amazing and the atmosphere was electric (even if it was only half full) - I really recommend going to a TV taping if you can because its a world away from a live event!

Until Next Time,

Bye!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Wrestling MVPs 2020

Introduction to NJPW

World Tag League Preview