Top Wrestling MVPs 2020

Hi guys, How crazy has 2020 has been? With everything going on in the world, it seems as if 2021 couldn't come any sooner. However, even with all of this negativity, I think it's vital to try and find some positives.  Despite conditions making it hard for the wrestling industry, many companies have thrived during the pandemic. In particular, some wrestlers have managed to make the best out of a bad situation and continue trying to put on shows for fans whether in person or through streaming sites.  To mark the end of another year, I'm back with my annual wrestling MVP list of the wrestlers who have stood out this year. Just a quick note, most of the stuff I've watched this year is Japanese wrestling (NJPW, DDT and TJPW)! Yuka Sakazaki 2020 has been a great year for in the sense that I've had the time to fully get into Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling. For me, it's something I regret not doing earlier because it is full of some amazing wrestlers from Miu, Miyu Yamashita

Pro-Intergender Wrestling

Hey guys,

I had a list of options for this next blog post saved in my drafts but, after seeing a tweet that read 'Attention Male wrestlers: please stop wrestling women. Not only does it kill Kayfabe, you are basically saying it’s okay to hit women' I thought it was time to weigh up on this long arse debate that's been going on for years. Intergender wrestling is something that hasn't been seen in WWE constantly or really at all, except maybe a few like Becky Lynch v James Ellsworth, and who prefer mixed tag team matches where men fight men and women fight women. Yet, it's more popular on the independent scene and it's one of the most exciting kind of matches to watch! Maybe the person who tweeted the comment I started with probably thought that he was being smart or respectful by having this opinion and slating the whole concept of intergender wrestling by trying to 'protect women'. I think they've misunderstood the whole idea behind intergender wrestling and what it stands for.
This tweet makes it seem as if this kind of wrestling is promoting domestic violence and has blatantly stated that it's saying that hitting a woman is okay. Like I said, this person has looked at this in completely the wrong way and I know that many wrestlers, like Jinny Couture and Joey Ryan, have tried to explain their point of view.

For me, intergender matches is one of the best ways to keep this women's revolution in sports continue! By allowing women to fight men, it is showing that they can match the strength of the men and go toe to toe with some of the biggest and baddest guys on the scene. By letting women go into a ring and fighting men (and actually getting in offence and winning), shows that we are equal to them in strength, determination and power

There are some absolutely amazing intergender matches that really show that this form of wrestling is empowering for women and really showing fans that men and women can fight and be on an equal footing. Probably one of the best examples of women in intergender wrestling is the Queen Candice LeRae and her stuff in promotions like PWG and her work with Joey Ryan in the World's Cutest Tag Team. She's been superkicked by the Young Bucks who were wearing shoes with thumbtacks, thrown on chairs and all sorts of other crazy shit! Not only has she tagged with Joey Ryan against an all male opposition tag team, but she's been in single matches with the likes of Johnny Gargano, Tommaso Ciampa, Trent? and Adam Cole. 
I mean she has done all this amazing and strong stuff yet WWE NXT see the need to put her in the weak wife role to the Gargano and Ciampa feud (I mean I guess I'll probably write something about this later).

I know Candice isn't the only woman who has really progressed women's wrestling but I think she's the best example to show that, even the smallest of women, can match the toughness and resilience of  their male counterparts. We've got matches between Joey Ryan v Shayna Bayzler, Chris Brookes v Nixon Newell and Tessa Blanchard v Brian Cage which are some of the best and most brutal matches I've seen. All of these matches are perfect examples of why intergender wrestling needs to carry on!

For me, intergender wrestling is one of the things that I love most about wrestling and I really hope that people start to understand why it's so important thing - see the good that it's doing not the negativity surrounding it.

Until Next Time

Bye!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Wrestling MVPs 2020

Introduction to NJPW

World Tag League Preview