Top Wrestling MVPs 2020

Hi guys, How crazy has 2020 has been? With everything going on in the world, it seems as if 2021 couldn't come any sooner. However, even with all of this negativity, I think it's vital to try and find some positives.  Despite conditions making it hard for the wrestling industry, many companies have thrived during the pandemic. In particular, some wrestlers have managed to make the best out of a bad situation and continue trying to put on shows for fans whether in person or through streaming sites.  To mark the end of another year, I'm back with my annual wrestling MVP list of the wrestlers who have stood out this year. Just a quick note, most of the stuff I've watched this year is Japanese wrestling (NJPW, DDT and TJPW)! Yuka Sakazaki 2020 has been a great year for in the sense that I've had the time to fully get into Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling. For me, it's something I regret not doing earlier because it is full of some amazing wrestlers from Miu, Miyu Yamashita

World of Sport Announcement!

Hi guys,

With the announcement of NXT UK, it really goes to show how big wrestling is in the UK and, most importantly, how high a quality of wrestling we have in this country. World of Sport is a show that my parents, and even my grandparents, remember so it was a massive thing when it came back. Yet, WWE being who they are, sort of stopped the show's momentum by signing a ton of UK talent to the UK division which meant that they couldn't go on for longer than one episode. A year on and, surprisingly, World of Sport is back for a new series this weekend with pretty much some of the biggest names on the British scene.

This is pretty massive for British Wrestling in general because it's really putting a spotlight on British wrestling and hopefully change people's opinions on pro wrestling in general. I know so many people snigger or make fun of me when I say I love wrestling, but hopefully this is going to prove them wrong and show them the art of the sport! It's also going to give a lot of press for talented wrestlers who didn't want to sign with the WWE but deserve as much exposure, I mean some might say they'll get more UK coverage on WOS than WWE considering that it's going to be on ITV on a Saturday!

I mean it's already awesome when you see how it'll affect British wrestling but, when I looked at the names that are signed to the show, I think my mind was blown! I mean one of the big ones, and any regular readers of this blog will know why, is Will Ospreay and I think I actually screamed when I saw that he was announced, I mean hello, I get to see Ospreay on the telly! Then we've got other names that I'm MAHOOSIVE fans of like Joe Hendry and Bea Priestley who are like pure baes. There's also massive names who I love watching but am not such a fangirl over like Rampage Brown, Kay Lee Ray, Grado, Viper and Martin Kirby. And then there are those who are getting more momentum on the independent scenes and I'm really starting to grow to love like Nathan Cruz,  Liam Slater and Gabriel Kidd. I mean, considering this is only like half the roster, you can imagine how epic the whole roster is and how many possibilities for matches their are!


It'll be great for wrestling to get back on British television on ITV at like a a prime time spot on a Saturday! I, for one, am going to be live tweeting, fangirling and probably screaming and annoying my parents who I'm going to force to watch it (even though I know my mum will probably be secretly excited). I just hope that they start the show off with a bang and have some pure epic matches - let's show everyone why you shouldn't be ashamed to say that you love wrestling!

Let's hope it's the start of something new and amazing!

Until Next Time

Bye!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Wrestling MVPs 2020

Introduction to NJPW

World Tag League Preview